9.8.05

Started to read a bit of Anthony Trollope's "Can You Forgive Her? - A Palliser Novel-".
Intended to learn something from the novel,
but unluckily I was repulsed by the language that the author employed...

It was mid-Victorian.
It was written by a politican/clergy
It was not just clumsy...

But it's like judgment from the House of Lords!!!! Damn it!
I have enough from my daily reading of cases,
why should I still have to bear with such language in leisure reading?


That's not fair for me...

It's for such reasons, therefore, I am switching to read Nabokov's Collected Stories...
I don't know why I am always obsessed with Russian writers, and I feel that I have made the right choice:

1. The Wood-Sprite
Well, it's like a dream. People always love talking and thinking to themselves, but sometimes illusions do happen, especially when they miss things/people around them very much...

2. Russian Spoken Here
Looks like a fantasy that made imprisonment real, at home. Talking about what the Soviet did to Russians? I don't know...

3. Sounds..
Quite a funny story to put the readers into the story as well,
especially the need to involve in a section when the reader,
have to be a female (which I ain't) and knows how to play piano...(Gosh, this is never something that I can learn even if I will):P
this story looks so funny...

0 Comments:

發佈留言

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)